- What personally identifiable information Chefs and Services collects.
- What personally identifiable information third parties collect through the internet site.
- What organization collects the information.
- How Chefs and Services uses the information.
- With whom Chefs and Services may share user information.
- What choices are available to users regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Chefs and Services control.
- How users can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should first contact by email. Contact details appear at the end of this document.
Spanish Law of Personal Data Protection
- According to the Spanish Organic Law 15 – of the 13th December, 1999, on Personal Data Protection, Chefs and Services informs the user of the existence of a data file of personal character created by and for, and being the responsibility of, Chefs and Services in order to manage the relation between Chefs and Services and the users who provide personal data to Chefs and Services .
- Chefs and Services is committed to comply with the obligation of professional secrecy regarding the data of personal character and of its duty to store it, and will take the necessary measures to avoid its alteration, loss, unauthorized handling or access, in accordance with the established regulations on safety measures of automated files which contain data of personal character, approved by the Royal Decree 994/1999, 11th July.
Information Collection and Use
- Chefs and Services is the sole owner of the information collected on chefsandservices.com from our users at several different points on our internet site.
- We request information from the user on our Booking Form. A user must provide contact information (such as name, email, and full address) and might be requested to provide financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user.
- In order to provide the best possible service to our customers, we need to understand as much as possible about them, both as individuals and as aggregated groups. We endeavour to use our knowledge of individual customers and aggregated groups of customers in order to offer suitable services and activities, prices ranges, the facilities we include and the way in which we present offers to our potential and past customers. In doing this we are careful to respect the privacy of our customers. We only use personally identifiable information during this process when it is appropriate and necessary to do so, for example when formulating a special offer to customers who have previously booked particular villas, activities and other services. In all other respects we adhere to the principals of this entire privacy statement.
- We store information that we collect through cookies, log files and/or third parties to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that details their viewing preferences. Consequently, collected information is tied to the users personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user’s visit to our internet site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. We do not share your profile with other third parties.
- A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
- Like most standard internet site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Special Offers and Updates
- We send all new users and subscriber to our newsletter a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
- If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
- We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
- Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our internet site.
Third Party Intermediaries
- We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- In the event Chefs and Services goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
- Our users are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for information. For example, our order form has an ‘opt-out’ mechanism so users who order a service from us, but don’t want any marketing material, can keep their email address off our lists.
- Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt out of receiving these communications by following the directions included in all our communications, or by using the opt-out mechanism on the site itself, or by contacting us directly via email or telephone.
- This internet site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Chefs and Services, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every internet site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this internet site.
Surveys & Contests
- From time to time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as postal code). Contact information will be used shared with the contest/survey sponsors to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Chefs and Services will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Chefs and Services stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Chefs and Services at chefsandservices.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
- This internet site takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the internet site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
- When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of internet browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just ‘surfing’.
- While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our accounts department or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility. If users have any questions about the security at our internet site, users can send an email to email@example.com .
Changing / Removing Personal Information
- If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users’ personally identifiable information. This can usually be done at the user profile page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org . Or, contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Notification of Changes
- If, however, we are going to use users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our internet site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
Chefs and Services + Luxury Villas